Try setting up different profiles on your device. This will allow you to keep all your family accounts separate from each other! (Google Chrome works best with Google Classroom.)
Adding a Person to your Device
Adding a person (profile) to Google Chrome (PC and Android)
Virtual Learning Orientation Guides - More coming soon!
Speech to Text for Young Learners
- To activate speech-to-text dictation in Windows 10, press the Windows key plus H (Windows key-H).
- The Cortana system will open a small box and begin listening and then typing your words as you say them into the microphone.
- To enable ‘Enable dictation’ open the ‘Accessibility Settings’ on your Chromebook by clicking or tapping once on the status area in the bottom right corner of your screen. Then select Settings > Advanced (at the very bottom of the page) > Manage Accessibility Features. (See the article Open Accessibility Preferences on this website for more information.)
- In the Accessibility settings window, scroll down to the ‘Keyboard and text input’ section.
- Click or tap the on/off toggle switch for ‘Enable dictation (speak to type)’.
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Keyboard, then click Dictation.
- Click On. If a prompt appears, click Enable Dictation.
- If asked if you want to improve Siri and Dictation, do one of the following:
- Share audio recordings: Click Share Audio Recordings to allow Apple to store audio of your Siri and dictation interactions from this Mac. Apple may review a sample of stored audio.
- Don’t share audio recordings: Click Not Now.